EOSC-hub WP8 supports the design, integration and dissemination of new, community-specific services and service platforms. The WP is structured around Competence Centres (CC), each fostering the use of the advanced digital capabilities and resources of EOSC-Hub by early adopter research communities in order to support data- and computing-intensive science. Competence Centres are driven by well-established and mature research infrastructure or international scientific collaborations requiring advanced and integrated data and computing services.
CCs operate independently from each other, but will share the interest and needs in using common solutions from the EOSC Common Services category for the setup of community-specific services that can expand EOSC with domain-specific capabilities. WP management and the other WPs will facilitate the sharing of experiences and solutions among the CCs via monthly teleconferences, WP reports, webinars, workshops etc.
Specific objectives of the WP are:
- Running proofs of concept to test the feasibility of use cases, based on specific scientific and technical requirements defined by high impact research communities.
- Conducting pilots to define and test the architecture of solutions.
- Preparing the production environments to make platforms available to users beyond the CC.
- Defining business models to sustain the solutions within EOSC after the end of the project.
Activities in this task are complemented by WP11 to deliver training to research communities and related relevant data providers and data scientists.
- WP8.1 ELIXIR - Steven Newhouse and Susheel Varma (EMBL-EBI)
- WP8.2 Fusion - Shaun de Witt (UKAEA)
- WP8.3 Marine - Thierry Carval (IFREMER)
- WP8.4 EISCAT - Ingemar Häggström and Carl-Fredrik Enell (EISCAT)
- WP8.5 EPOS-ORFEUS - Luca Trani (KNMI), Javier Quinteros (GFZ)
- WP8.6 Radio astronomy - Hanno Holties and Rob van der Meer (ASTRON)
- WP8.7 ICOS - Alex Vermeulen, Margareta Hellström (Lund University)
- WP8.8 Disaster Mitigation - Eric Yen and Simon Lin (Academia Sinica)
Task members' email lists:
Open actions for CCs
Stored in JIRA project: https://jira.eosc-hub.eu/projects/EOSCWP8/issues/EOSCWP8-1?filter=allopenissues (Requires login. CC task leaders should be able to access. If you cannot, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
User stories and use cases from the CCs
Partners and effort
|Participant||PMs in WP8 (CC)||PMs in WP11 (Training)||PMs in WP13 (Virtual Access)|
|CSC||38||1 (ELIXIR)||5 (EISCAT_3D)|
3 (Marine, IN2P3-LAL)
5 (EISCAT_3D, IN2P3-CPPM)
Hans van Piggelen
|ITER||Unfunded in Fusion|