This WP supports the design, integration and dissemination of new, community-specific e-Infrastructure service platforms. The WP is structured around Competence Centres (CC), each fostering the use of the advanced digital capabilities and resources of EOSC-Hub by early adopter research communities in order to support data- and computing-intensive science. Competence Centres are driven by well-established and mature research infrastructure or international scientific collaborations requiring advanced and integrated data and computing services.
The CCs will operate independently from each other, but will share the interest and needs in using common solutions from the EOSC Common Services category for the setup of community-specific services that can expand EOSC with domain-specific capabilities. WP management and the other WPs will facilitate the sharing of experiences and solutions among the CCs via WP reports, webinars, workshops etc.
Specific objectives of the WP are:
- Running proofs of concept to test the feasibility of use cases, based on specific scientific and technical requirements defined by high impact research communities.
- Conducting pilots to define and test the architecture of solutions.
- Preparing the production environments to make platforms available to users beyond the CC.
- Defining business models to sustain the solutions within EOSC after the end of the project.
Activities in this task are complemented by WP11 to deliver training to research communities and related relevant data providers and data scientists.
Task leaders' mailing list: Wp8@mailman.eosc-hub.eu
- Tel: +31 6 27860853
- Skype: gergely.sipos
- WP8.1 ELIXIR - Steven Newhouse and Susheel Varma (EMBL-EBI)
- WP8.2 Fusion - Shaun de Witt (UKAEA)
- WP8.3 Marine - Thierry Carval (IFREMER)
- WP8.4 EISCAT - Ingemar Häggström and Carl-Fredrik Enell (EISCAT)
- WP8.5 EPOS-ORFEUS - Luca Trani (KNMI), Javier Quinteros (GFZ)
- WP8.6 Radio astronomy - Hanno Holties and Rob van der Meer (ASTRON)
- WP8.7 ICOS - Alex Vermeulen, Margareta Hellström (Lund University)
- WP8.8 Disaster Mitigation - Eric Yen and Simon Lin (Academia Sinica)
Task members' email lists:
- WP8.1 ELIXIR - firstname.lastname@example.org
- WP8.2 Fusion - email@example.com
- WP8.3 Marine - firstname.lastname@example.org
- WP8.4 EISCAT_3D - email@example.com
- WP8.5 EPOS-ORFEUS - firstname.lastname@example.org
- WP8.6 Radio astronomy - email@example.com
- WP8.7 ICOS - firstname.lastname@example.org
- WP8.8 Disaster Mitigation - email@example.com
Tools for CC coordinators
- Gotomeeeting teleconference system: Project tools#GOTOmeetingguide
- Indico meeting agenda maker: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/category/227/
- Main WP8 meetings are recorded here: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/category/227/
Partners and effort
|Participant||PMs in WP8 (CC)||PMs in WP11 (Training)||PMs in WP13 (Virtual Access)|
|CSC||38||1 (ELIXIR)||5 (EISCAT_3D)|
3 (Marine, IN2P3-LAL)
5 (EISCAT_3D, IN2P3-CPPM)
|ITER||Unfunded in Fusion|
|No content found.|
|No content found.|